* pdf arrange
@ 2011-12-17 15:54 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-12-17 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt NTG

I think I saw in the recent past here something about rearranging the pages of a pdf. However, I cannot find it, therefore I take the liberty to place this question.
The idea is to change the pages from 1,2,3,4,etc, into 1,3,2,4,etc.
Can it be done with one of the tools in the ConTeXt distribution, or else..?
Thanks in advance

Hans van der Meer

* Re: pdf arrange
@ 2011-12-17 16:50 ` Marco Pessotto
From: Marco Pessotto @ 2011-12-17 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@xs4all.nl> writes:

> I think I saw in the recent past here something about rearranging the pages of a pdf. However, I cannot find it, therefore I take the liberty to place this question.
> The idea is to change the pages from 1,2,3,4,etc, into 1,3,2,4,etc.
> Can it be done with one of the tools in the ConTeXt distribution, or else..?
> Thanks in advance

It's described in "Layouts in context". There are plenty of schemas for
the imposition.

For example:

\setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
\setuparranging[2UP]
% or \setuparranging[2*2*2]

\starttext

\dorecurse{20}{\input knuth}

\stoptext

Then compile with context --arrange source.tex

Bests.

--
Marco

* Re: pdf arrange
@ 2011-12-17 17:22   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2011-12-17 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am afraid I did not phrase my question clear enough. The problem is producing a rearranged pdf from an existing one.

Hans van der Meer

On 17 dec. 2011, at 17:50, Marco Pessotto wrote:

> Hans van der Meer <havdmeer@xs4all.nl> writes:
>
>> I think I saw in the recent past here something about rearranging the pages of a pdf. However, I cannot find it, therefore I take the liberty to place this question.
>> The idea is to change the pages from 1,2,3,4,etc, into 1,3,2,4,etc.
>> Can it be done with one of the tools in the ConTeXt distribution, or else..?
>> Thanks in advance
>
> It's described in "Layouts in context". There are plenty of schemas for
> the imposition.
>
> For example:
>
> \setuppapersize[A5][A4,landscape]
> \setuparranging[2UP]
> % or \setuparranging[2*2*2]
>
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>
> \starttext
>
> \dorecurse{20}{\input knuth}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Then compile with context --arrange source.tex
>
> Bests.
>

> --
> Marco

* Re: pdf arrange
@ 2011-12-17 17:46     ` Marco Pessotto
From: Marco Pessotto @ 2011-12-17 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

"Meer, H. van der" <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl> writes:

> I am afraid I did not phrase my question clear enough. The problem is producing a rearranged pdf from an existing one.
>
> Hans van der Meer

AFAIK, nothing bundled. But you can create a new PDF selecting and
rearranging the pages.

You could use pdfjam, which is LaTeX and Bourne shell based. Some time
ago I wrote a perl script for this purpose, emulating pdfjam but
without LaTeX (using only ConTeXt).

https://gitorious.org/the-anarchist-library-tools/the-anarchist-library-tools/blobs/master/context-imposition/imposer.pl

I hope this helps.

Cheers

--
Marco

* Re: pdf arrange
@ 2011-12-17 17:49     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-17 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.12.2011 um 18:22 schrieb Meer, H. van der:

> I am afraid I did not phrase my question clear enough. The problem is producing a rearranged pdf from an existing one.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Rearranging_existing_PDFs

Wolfgang