* what happened to hangaround?
@ 2014-03-24  5:06 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-03-24  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi again,
I’d like to flow some text around a picture.

There was undocumented \starthangaround (it’s still in cont-new.mkiv in the garden), but it’s unknown in latest beta.
Is there a replacement?

\starttext
\starthangaround{\externalfigure[koe][width=0.33\textwidth]}
\input tufte
\stophangaround
\input knuth
\stoptext

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: what happened to hangaround?
@ 2014-03-24 14:48           ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-03-24 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2014-03-24 um 17:34 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adityam@cim.mcgill.ca>:

> Why not use \placefigure[left,none]{}{....}

Good question. Just after sending my previous mail I recognized it works this way.

Greetlings, Hraban
---

@ 2014-03-24 11:34         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2014-03-24 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 24, 2014, at 4:43 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> wrote:

> Am 2014-03-24 um 14:11 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:
>
>>> - \starthanging doesn’t accept parameters (using \setuphanging for every second picture is evil)
>>> - As you can see in wiki, the picture stands on the first line of the text. This is a MkII problem, it works with MkIV.
>>> - If you try several paragraphs or \startlines, then only the first paragraph flows.
>>
>> The hanging environment in MkII isn’t the same as the hanging in MkIV. The original name for the environment
>> was hang around but when Hans added a few new features (e.g. to move the picture to the right side) he changed
>> in MKIV the name to hanging, a command which all already existed.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> But is there a way to flow several paragraphs (or „lines“) around a picture?
> I tried a vbox, but then the picture moves down into the following paragraph.

Why not use \placefigure[left,none]{}{....}

Aditya

* Re: what happened to hangaround?
@ 2014-03-24  8:43       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-03-24  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-03-24  8:11     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-03-24  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.03.2014 um 09:02 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>:

> Am 2014-03-24 um 12:09 schrieb Philipp Gesang <Philipp.Gesang@alumni.uni-heidelberg.de>:
>
>>> Hi again,
>>> I’d like to flow some text around a picture.
>>>
>>> There was undocumented \starthangaround (it’s still in cont-new.mkiv in the garden), but it’s unknown in latest beta.
>>> Is there a replacement?
>>
>> Try the hanging environment:
>>
>>   \setupexternalfigures [location=default]
>>   \starttext
>>     \starthanging{\externalfigure [cow.pdf][width=3.141cm]}
>>       \input ward
>>     \stophanging
>>   \stoptext
>>
>> I think it is supposed to be the successor to hangaround.
>
> Dankeschön!
>
> I updated the wiki page: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Using_Graphics#Flow_text_around_a_picture
>
> There are some issues:
>
> - \starthanging doesn’t accept parameters (using \setuphanging for every second picture is evil)
> - As you can see in wiki, the picture stands on the first line of the text. This is a MkII problem, it works with MkIV.
> - If you try several paragraphs or \startlines, then only the first paragraph flows.

The hanging environment in MkII isn’t the same as the hanging in MkIV. The original name for the environment
was hang around but when Hans added a few new features (e.g. to move the picture to the right side) he changed
in MKIV the name to hanging, a command which all already existed.

Wolfgang

* Re: what happened to hangaround?
@ 2014-03-24  8:02   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2014-03-24  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-03-24  6:09 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2014-03-24  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Henning!

···<date: 2014-03-24, Monday>···<from: Henning Hraban Ramm>···

> Hi again,
> I’d like to flow some text around a picture.
>
> There was undocumented \starthangaround (it’s still in cont-new.mkiv in the garden), but it’s unknown in latest beta.
> Is there a replacement?

Try the hanging environment:

    \setupexternalfigures [location=default]
    \starttext
      \starthanging{\externalfigure [cow.pdf][width=3.141cm]}
        \input ward
      \stophanging
    \stoptext

I think it is supposed to be the successor to hangaround.

Best regards,
Philipp

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 490 bytes --]

* what happened to hangaround?
@ 2014-03-24  5:01 Henning Hraban Ramm