* Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 16:44 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-04-09 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi MacUsers out there,

until yesterday I worked with 10.4 and a recent context: no problem
(only mkII).
Today I finally set up a new machine with 10.5. and MacTeX, run
ctxtools --updatecontext.
Running a context-file now gives me the right context-version but
ends up with:

"TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=5000]"

Well, I remember this was something about texmf.cnf (or context.cnf?).
So I changed the value to 10000, remade the format but still the echo
mentions 5000.
Some known problem with Leopard and ConTeXt? Maybe PATH stuff?

=o(

Please help!!!

Steffen

* Re: Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 16:52 ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-04-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Well, I remember this was something about texmf.cnf (or context.cnf?).

  The problem is usually that texmf.cnf is not found at all, so changes
you make there will have no influence.  What does kpsewhich texmf.cnf
return?

	Arthur

* Re: Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 16:57 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-04-09 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 9, 2008, at 6:44 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi MacUsers out there,
>

> until yesterday I worked with 10.4 and a recent context: no problem
> (only mkII).
> Today I finally set up a new machine with 10.5. and MacTeX, run
> ctxtools --updatecontext.
> Running a context-file now gives me the right context-version but
> ends up with:
>
> "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=5000]"
>

> Well, I remember this was something about texmf.cnf (or context.cnf?).
> So I changed the value to 10000, remade the format but still the echo
> mentions 5000.
> Some known problem with Leopard and ConTeXt? Maybe PATH stuff?
>
> =o(
>

> Please help!!!

Does that happen with every file, or just with some? I have this in my
texmf.cnf:

save_size = 5000        % for saving values outside current group

and luatex runs finde, so I suspect something is wrong with your file.

Thomas

* Re: Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 17:06   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-04-09 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.04.2008 um 18:52 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>> Well, I remember this was something about texmf.cnf (or
>> context.cnf?).
>
>  The problem is usually that texmf.cnf is not found at all, so changes
> you make there will have no influence.  What does kpsewhich texmf.cnf
> return?

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf

... but this isn't the right one, right?

Steffen

* Re: Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 18:41     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-04-09 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> ... but this isn't the right one, right?

  I suppose not (it's not the file you modified, right?).  But then, as
Thomas said, there's probably something special in your ConTeXt file (I
always had save_size = 5000 and never had any problem with it).  For
this purpose, it might be sensible to modify TeXLive / MacTeX's
texmf.cnf (this is generally frowned upon, but, well it is your own
installation).

	Arthur

* Re: Leopard and ConTeXt
@ 2008-04-09 20:44       ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-04-09 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.04.2008 um 20:41 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>>
>> ... but this isn't the right one, right?
>
>  I suppose not (it's not the file you modified, right?).  But then, as
> Thomas said, there's probably something special in your ConTeXt file
> (I
> always had save_size = 5000 and never had any problem with it).  For
> this purpose, it might be sensible to modify TeXLive / MacTeX's
> texmf.cnf (this is generally frowned upon, but, well it is your own
> installation).

Before modifying that file I just wanted to make sure that it's not a
leopard/path thing I missed:
OK, I did it. Now it works fine again.

Thank you!

Steffen