* [***SPAM***] Re: Understanding the imposing-mechanism
@ 2013-05-25  9:15 "H. Özoguz"
From: "H. Özoguz" @ 2013-05-25  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> You have to change the size for the page and paper, the first has to be the size of the cards
> while the second is the size of the paper which you use to print all cards.
>
> \definepapersize [card] [width=47.5mm,height=76mm]
> \definepapersize [sheet] [width=660mm,height=330mm]
>
> \setuppapersize [card][sheet]
>
> \setuplayout [page] [location=middle,marking=on]
> \setuplayout [page]
>
> \setuppaper[nx=13,ny=4]
> \setuparranging [XY]
>
> \starttext
> \showframe
> \dorecurse{100}{\centerbox{\definedfont[Sans sa 5]\pagenumber}\page}
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang, that works.
Next question to this: The printable area of the sheet is not the
complete area, e.g. it has a not-printable margin of 10mm on the left,
2mm right, and 5mm at the top and 5mm at the bottom. How to control
these margins, s.t. the cards are only set in the printable area of the
sheet? I tried with "topspace", "buttomspace" etc. in \setuplayout, but
that does not work now.

Thanks.
Huseyin

* Re: [***SPAM***] Re: Understanding the imposing-mechanism
@ 2013-05-25 11:06 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2013-05-25 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Huseyin,

This is not a direct answer to your question, but have you tried
reading the reference manual's chapter 3, on page design [1]? It is a
rather complete overview of (a) page layout, and (b) positioning
multiple pages on a sheet. In particular the \setuppaper command [2]
may interest you.

[1] http://pmrb.free.fr/contextref.pdf
[2] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setuppaper

Cheers,
Sietse

P.s: Once you've found the answer, it would be nice if you could edit
the wiki page on Imposition, adding a section describing how to offset
the imposed pages on the sheet. Just (make an account and) log in, and
click "Edit" in the top right corner. If you are not familiar with
wiki code, just write the info in plain text and I'll add the wiki
markup for you.
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#XY_schema

@ 2013-05-25 11:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-25 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 25.05.2013 um 11:15 schrieb "H. Özoguz" <h.oezoguz@mmnetz.de>:

>> You have to change the size for the page and paper, the first has to be the size of the cards
>> while the second is the size of the paper which you use to print all cards.
>>
>> \definepapersize [card] [width=47.5mm,height=76mm]
>> \definepapersize [sheet] [width=660mm,height=330mm]
>>
>> \setuppapersize [card][sheet]
>>
>> \setuplayout [page] [location=middle,marking=on]
>> \setuplayout [page]
>>
>> \setuppaper[nx=13,ny=4]
>> \setuparranging [XY]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \showframe
>> \dorecurse{100}{\centerbox{\definedfont[Sans sa 5]\pagenumber}\page}
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks Wolfgang, that works.
> Next question to this: The printable area of the sheet is not the complete area, e.g. it has a not-printable margin of 10mm on the left, 2mm right, and 5mm at the top and 5mm at the bottom. How to control these margins, s.t. the cards are only set in the printable area of the sheet? I tried with "topspace", "buttomspace" etc. in \setuplayout, but that does not work now.

You need the \setuppaper command to set the margin because with \setuplayout you can only set the margins for your cards but not for big paper which is printed.

\setuppaper
  [backspace=10mm,
   topspace=5mm]

Wolfgang