Dear Hans and Wolfgang, I have started experimenting with the Lua engine through TeXShop. I use \EnglishRule in a Newsletter to separate major items. When I use it in the attached file it works as always when I use the ConteXt engine (TL2009) and in my minimals installation it works fine using MinimalsConTeXt engine and MinimalsXeConTeXt engine. When I switch to using the simplefonts module in MinimalsLua engine the \EnglishRule does not behave properly. Also the text switches to italic. I have attached a small file and if you comment out the lines and switch between the engines you can see what I mean. Thanks for any help, Best wishes, Charlie