* simplefonts not working with Debian 8.1
@ 2015-06-22  7:23 Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2015-06-22  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I'm having trouble getting system fonts to load with simplefont on Debian 8.1. I'm not exactly sure how to troubleshoot this issue. This worked when Debian Jessie was still 'testing' but now fails on a machine it was working on and on a fresh install. All my fonts are in ~/.fonts and Libre Office Writer can see all the fonts and fc-list shows them as well.

In my document, I'm loading fonts like this:

\definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [EB Garamond]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][Gill Sans]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]
\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

The log file says:

fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (math)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'modern-designsize'
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize mm 11pt' is loaded
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (mono)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize tt 11pt' is loaded
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-rm-tf-0--0'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mr--3'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mr--2'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mr--1'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mb--3'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mb--2'
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'unknown' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'unknown', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'unknown' as 'mainface-11pt-mm-mb--1'

Any direction I can take to troubleshoot this would be of great help!

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Mica

* Re: simplefonts not working with Debian 8.1
@ 2015-06-22 15:00 ` Mica Semrick
From: Mica Semrick @ 2015-06-22 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

And after troubleshooting my shell further, something was inserting $OSFONTDIR. Everything is working now, sorry for the noise.

Best,
Mica