* problem with setupwhitespace
@ 2010-12-18 15:10 Achim Jander
From: Achim Jander @ 2010-12-18 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I am trying to setup a layout for a book. Its very simple, consisting
only of paragraphs. Regularly, there should be no space between them,
but to force the pages getting filled there may be a small space. I
cannot figure out how to set it up.
In the mailing list I found the sample
\setupwhitespace[3pt plus 2pt minus 1pt]

but in fact, that seems to have no effect, the page ist not filled. The
Reference-Manual doesnt mention this form, but states that there is some
stretchability.
How can I define the stretchability?
My simple Example:

\definepapersize [NomosLexSozA] [width=125mm, height=210mm]

\setuppapersize [NomosLexSozA] [A4]

\setuplayout[

header=0cm,footer=0cm,

backspace=2.54cm,topspace=1.5cm,

width=middle,height=middle,

location=middle,marking=on,]

\showframe

\setupbodyfont[rm,7.5pt,serif]

\setupinterlinespace[line=8pt]

\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

\setupwhitespace[3pt plus 2pt minus 1pt]

%\setupwhitespace[line]

%\setupwhitespace[medium]

%\setupwhitespace[big]

\setuptolerance[horizontal, verytolerant, stretch]

\setuptolerance[vertical, verystrict]

\starttext

\dorecurse{40} {\input knuth}

\stoptext

with big or medium, it seems to work, but that is to much whitespace for
my layout? Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks,
Achim

* Re: problem with setupwhitespace
@ 2010-12-18 18:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-18 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.12.2010 um 16:10 schrieb Achim Jander:

> Hello,
> I am trying to setup a layout for a book. Its very simple, consisting only of paragraphs. Regularly, there should be no space between them,
> but to force the pages getting filled there may be a small space. I cannot figure out how to set it up.
> In the mailing list I found the sample
> \setupwhitespace[3pt plus 2pt minus 1pt]
> but in fact, that seems to have no effect, the page ist not filled. The Reference-Manual doesnt mention this form, but states that there is some stretchability.
> How can I define the stretchability?

You don’t need \setupwhitespace, \setupalign[line] is enough.

Wolfgang

* Re: problem with setupwhitespace
@ 2010-12-19  9:03   ` Achim Jander
From: Achim Jander @ 2010-12-19  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,
many thanks, thats what I was looking for.