* Formatting enumerations in MKIV
@ 2013-05-01  0:10 Lance Larsen
From: Lance Larsen @ 2013-05-01  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am trying to configure an enumeration in MKiv, but it is not clear how to
set some of the formatting. I need to be able to control the distance
between the title and the enumeration text, but parameters such as
'inbetween' seem to have no effect. Is there a parameter I can use to set
the spacing. Also, how do I find out what parameters are available. I tried
to figure out where defineenumeration is defined in the lua or mkiv files
without luck.

\starttext

\defineenumeration[ref][alternative=left,inbetween=\blank]

\ref Testing \par
\ref Testing \par

\stoptext

-Lance Larsen

* Re: Formatting enumerations in MKIV
@ 2013-05-01  7:09 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-05-01  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.05.2013 um 02:10 schrieb Lance Larsen <lance.c.larsen@gmail.com>:

> I am trying to configure an enumeration in MKiv, but it is not clear how to
> set some of the formatting. I need to be able to control the distance
> between the title and the enumeration text, but parameters such as
> 'inbetween' seem to have no effect. Is there a parameter I can use to set
> the spacing. Also, how do I find out what parameters are available. I tried
> to figure out where defineenumeration is defined in the lua or mkiv files
> without luck.
>
> \starttext
>
> \defineenumeration[ref][alternative=left,inbetween=\blank]
>
> \ref Testing \par
> \ref Testing \par
>
> \stoptext

Your inbetween setting is ignored because \blank is a command to add vertical space
but the text of your enumeration is on the same line as the content and you need
a horizontal space.

To control the spacing you can change the width of the text with the “width” key
and the distance between the text and the content with the “distance” key.

\starttext

\defineenumeration[ref][alternative=left,width=2cm,distance=5mm]

\startref Testing \stopref

\startref Testing \stopref

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Formatting enumerations in MKIV
       [not found] <mailman.1.1367402401.12673.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2013-05-01 14:24 ` Lance Larsen
From: Lance Larsen @ 2013-05-01 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thankyou Wolfgang. This was what I was missing. I think I was not
understanding the purpose of the width parameter.

-Lance