Hi Hans, Hi all, > The attached file is what I get. Maybe your font map [pdftex.map > or so] is not correct. > > Here I use the ansi encoded helvetica. I got new fontfiles from CTAN (tfm,vf,map). No better result. Only the space after ß is affected and only wit some Fonts: Helvetica, Helvetica-Narrow, Palatino and Times-Roman. No such effect with cmr or lbr With aer the space is even greater in mp than in ConTeXt. What more can i do? I attach my typical output. first row context second mp label cmr, aer, phv, ptm, lbs Greetings Lutz <> P.S. where can i get the ansi encoded fontfiles?