* Re: Problem with labels
@ 2000-11-15  8:54 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-11-15  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, Hi all,

> The attached file is what I get. Maybe your font map [pdftex.map
> or so] is not correct.
>
> Here I use the ansi encoded helvetica.

I got new  fontfiles from CTAN (tfm,vf,map).
No better result. Only the space after ß is affected and
only wit some Fonts: Helvetica, Helvetica-Narrow, Palatino and Times-Roman.
No such effect with cmr or lbr
With aer the space is even greater in mp than in ConTeXt.

What more can i do?

I attach my typical output.

first row context second mp label
cmr, aer, phv, ptm, lbs

Greetings

Lutz

 <<labeltest.pdf>>

P.S. where can i get the ansi encoded fontfiles?

[-- Attachment #2: labeltest.pdf --]

* Re: Problem with labels
@ 2000-11-14 11:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-14 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

At 11:07 AM 11/14/00 +0100, Haseloff, Lutz wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I set my mp labels with context, but something goes wrong when i use
>umlauts (there is no space between the words), with \sz the space gets
>negative(!)
>
>what goes wrong?
>
>my testfile:
>
>\setupoutput[pdftex]
>\setupbodyfont[pos,ber,ss,10pt]
>\startMPenvironment
>\setupbodyfont[pos,ber,ss,10pt]
>\useencoding[win]
>\stopMPenvironment
>\startuniqueMPgraphic{test1}
>label(btex \strut gemäß Mitarbeiterstammblatt etex (0,0));
>\stopuniqueMPgraphic
>\startuniqueMPgraphic{test2}
>label(btex \strut gemä\sz Mitarbeiterstammblatt etex (0,0));
>\stopuniqueMPgraphic
>\useencoding[win]
>\starttext
>gemäß Mitarbeiterstammblatt
>\blank[big]
>\uniqueMPgraphic{test1}
>\blank[big]
>\uniqueMPgraphic{test2}
>\stoptext

Do you run the latest (beta) context? A few weeks ago i made a fix for
spaces in mp text (this is due to the fact that in the ps output a space is
a valid char, but tex does not have one, so I had to mimick something.
After a \csname of more that 1 char (like \sz) you really need to add a \,
so \sz\ since tex sees the space as a terminater, and there is no way to
recover it.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Problem with labels