Am 18.10.2013 um 17:55 schrieb Sven Huynink : > I seem no to be able to use system fonts, not with /simplefonts neither with typescripts. When I define > > \starttypescript [serif] [arnoproregular] > \definefontsynonym [Serif] [name:arnoproregular] > \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [name:arnoproitalic] > \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [name:arnoproitaliccaption] > \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps] [name:arnoproregular] > \stoptypescript > > (or any other system font in my Windows font directory e:/windows/ fonts as defined in osfontdir), I get You have to define also a typeface to use the typescript, e.g. \starttypescript [serif] [arnoproregular] … \stoptypescript \definetypeface [myfont] [rm] [serif] [arnoproregular] [default] \setupbodyfont[myfont] \starttext \input knuth \stoptext > fonts > typescripts > unknown library 'loc' > {E:/texprogs/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{E:/texprogs/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}{E:/texprogs/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map} > fonts > 'fallback modern rm 11pt' is loaded > > First, I don't understand "unknown library 'loc' " > I haven't defined that. Or does it mean 'local'? When I do the same with, say, garamond, I also get the line "unknown library 'garamond' " > why does it think garamond is in a library? > When I do > > mtxrun --script fonts --list --info --pattern=arnoproregular* > > mtxfonts gives me all kinds of information, so the font *is* known to ConTeXt. Or is that a rash conclusion? Which information do you get? > Second, there is not even a mention of the typescript or the font in the log. Why is that? Is it purely a syntax error in my setup as copied above? > > Thirdly - of course - my question is: how can I make ConTeXt use my system fonts? On Windows and Mac you can use system fonts out of the box, you have to write only a typescript or use simplefonts. > I use TexLive (most recent version), Texworks and Windows 7. Before I had a standalone ConTeXt set-up, which gave the same problems. Can you try the following example with the current beta from the ConTeXt Suite. \definefontfamily [mainface] [rm] [Arno Pro] \setupbodyfont[mainface] \starttext \input knuth \stoptext Wolfgang