* update fails
@ 2014-01-05 17:36 Roland Thiers
From: Roland Thiers @ 2014-01-05 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,
First of all, my best wishes of a very happy new year to all users of this list !

I used to update context standalone with the script ctx-update :

cd /Users/rolandthiers/context
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh
./first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex

Usually the update runs well, no problem. But the last time it did not work.
I've got this message :

This went wrong: ...67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui:107: bad bytecode register
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.78.0-2013123119 (rev 4704)
 \write18 enabled.
.
<*>
 cont-yes.mkiv
? Assertion failed: (kpse->program_name), function kpathsea_var_value, file ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/variable.c, line 36.

mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted

My system :   Mac OS X 10.6.8 .
Could someone tell me what happens or what mistake I did ?
Roland

* Re: update fails
@ 2014-01-06  9:36 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-01-06  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 1/5/2014 6:36 PM, Roland Thiers wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> First of all, my best wishes of a very happy new year to all users of this list !
>
> I used to update context standalone with the script ctx-update :
>
> cd /Users/rolandthiers/context
> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh
> ../first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex
>
> Usually the update runs well, no problem. But the last time it did not work.
> I've got this message :
>
> This went wrong: ...67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui:107: bad bytecode register
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.78.0-2013123119 (rev 4704)
>   \write18 enabled.
> ..
> <*>
>   cont-yes.mkiv
> ? Assertion failed: (kpse->program_name), function kpathsea_var_value, file ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/variable.c, line 36.
>
> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted
>
> My system :   Mac OS X 10.6.8 .
> Could someone tell me what happens or what mistake I did ?

no clue ... kpse is not used in context mkiv so there should not be such
a message; it looks like a bad binary or maybe you need to do a context
--make explicitly

also, don't use ctx-update but first-update in the minimal root

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: update fails
@ 2014-01-06 12:15   ` Roland Thiers
From: Roland Thiers @ 2014-01-06 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 6 janv. 2014 à 10:36, Hans Hagen a écrit :

> On 1/5/2014 6:36 PM, Roland Thiers wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> First of all, my best wishes of a very happy new year to all users of this list !
>>
>> I used to update context standalone with the script ctx-update :
>>
>> cd /Users/rolandthiers/context
>> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh
>> ../first-setup.sh --modules=all --engine=luatex
>>
>> Usually the update runs well, no problem. But the last time it did not work.
>> I've got this message :
>>
>> This went wrong: ...67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui:107: bad bytecode register
>> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.78.0-2013123119 (rev 4704)
>>  \write18 enabled.
>> ..
>> <*>
>>  cont-yes.mkiv
>> ? Assertion failed: (kpse->program_name), function kpathsea_var_value, file ../../../source/texk/kpathsea/variable.c, line 36.
>>
>> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted
>>
>> My system :   Mac OS X 10.6.8 .
>> Could someone tell me what happens or what mistake I did ?
>
> no clue ... kpse is not used in context mkiv so there should not be such a message; it looks like a bad binary or maybe you need to do a context --make explicitly
>
> also, don't use ctx-update but first-update in the minimal root
>
> Hans
Thanks very much Hans ! I did a context --make and everything is working well again !
Roland