From: "Ulrich Dirr" <ud@art-satz.de>
Subject: RE: Fwd: Context question
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:47:59 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:17 PM Vit Zyka wrote:
> Adam Lindsay wrote:
>> Has anyone got a solution/approach/example at hand?

In context---and what is described in columns.pdf---you can get
definitively more complicated layouts than what can be done with LaTeX (a
dream). But the statement that it isn't possible in LaTeX isn't true. The
multicols package by Frank Mittelbach provides a way to switch between
multicolumn layout on the same page. Only the standard LaTeX documentclass
option 'twocolumn' forces that a new page has to begin before changing the
layout. Magazine-like layout of course is better done with context.

Ulrich