From: "Ulrich Dirr" <ud@art-satz.de>
Subject: RE: more on margin kerning
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:50:21 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:27 PM Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> I suspect that mswincontext.zip is based on fpTeX. I have not used MiKTeX
> in ages; can I just use the binary or do I need some associated dll's
(the
> way MiKTeX worked years ago)? Can you (or someone) specify a minimal set
> of files needed to use the MiKTeX version?

I'm sorry I've just changed from fptex to miktex. Therefore I don't know
very much about miktex myself. I was forced to switch because fptex isn't
developed any further by Fabrice. I'd preferred fptex because it was more
tetex like than miktex. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and don't know
how to compile successfully pdftex on a windows system. But maybe you can
try to run a standalone version of pdftex on
http://pdftex.sarovar.org/djgpp/ (the latest sources of pdfTeX can be found
at http://pdftex.sarovar.org/src). I've attached a how-to by Thanh. When
you run this version it shows you a version number which should not confuse
you -- it's the same as 1.21a actually.

Good luck
Ulrich