On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:27 PM Idris Samawi Hamid wrote: > I suspect that mswincontext.zip is based on fpTeX. I have not used MiKTeX > in ages; can I just use the binary or do I need some associated dll's (the > way MiKTeX worked years ago)? Can you (or someone) specify a minimal set > of files needed to use the MiKTeX version? I'm sorry I've just changed from fptex to miktex. Therefore I don't know very much about miktex myself. I was forced to switch because fptex isn't developed any further by Fabrice. I'd preferred fptex because it was more tetex like than miktex. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and don't know how to compile successfully pdftex on a windows system. But maybe you can try to run a standalone version of pdftex on http://pdftex.sarovar.org/djgpp/ (the latest sources of pdfTeX can be found at http://pdftex.sarovar.org/src). I've attached a how-to by Thanh. When you run this version it shows you a version number which should not confuse you -- it's the same as 1.21a actually. Good luck Ulrich