* LMTX install
@ 2021-05-23  6:52 jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-05-23  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Someone will quickly clarify what I am doing wrong here. Have used mkiv
until now but decided to download and install LMTX in /home/me/bin/context.

I then ran  export
PATH=/home/me/bin/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH as the install
script indicated at the end.

When running mk iv, I always first ran a setup line (in my case it was .
/home/me/Documents/Freedom/Context/tex/setuptex). Do I need to run a
setup also for LMTX installed as above? And what one, because there is
no 'setuptex' as far as I can see. If I just run context myfile.tex I
get the mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or
'mtx-context.lua' message. Does this mean my 'path' command didn't work
(and why not? It should have) or do I still need to run a setup before I
try to compile?

Julian

* LMTX install
@ 2021-05-23  7:55 Benny Schurig
From: Benny Schurig @ 2021-05-23  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Julian,

afaik with lmtx a setup is not necessary. With mk iv it established the
tex tree. With lmtx the tree is somehow self-contained.

I use lmtx and point the compile command of my editor of choice (Geany,
Kile, Texmaker, Emacs whatever) directly to
.../context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun --autogenerate --script
context [file]

Best, Benny

PS: First answer with phone, html message, weird stuff