* hz / expansion
@ 2019-12-02 17:52 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-12-02 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

The latest lmtx has a new feature: expansion control independent of font
specific settings. When used the font specific step stretch and shrink
will be overloaded. This permits mixed setups that are normally nor
possible because these three properties need to be consistent within a
paragraph. It also permits local deviations from the defaults, for
instance in more extreme cases.

\startluacode

     local classes = fonts.expansions.classes

     classes.qualityb = {
         vector  = "default",
         factor  = 1,
         stretch = 8,
         shrink  = 4,
         step    = .5,
     }

     classes.qualitya = {
         vector  = "default",
         factor  = 1,
         stretch = 4,
         shrink  = 2,
         step    = .5,
     }

\stopluacode

\showframe

% \enabletrackers[*expansion]

\setupbodyfont[dejavu,8pt]

\defineexpansion
   [myexpansion]
   [step=1,
    stretch=50,
    shrink=20]

\definefontfeature [basea] [default] [expansion=qualitya]
\definefontfeature [baseb] [default] [expansion=qualityb]

\definefont[FontA][Serif*basea]
\definefont[FontB][Serif*baseb]

\setupalign[verytolerant,stretch,hz]

\starttext

\startbuffer
     \dorecurse {30} {%
         {\FontB \red test me #1,} \FontA \dorecurse{#1}{test ##1, }%
     }\par
\stopbuffer

                            {\getbuffer \page}
\setexpansion[myexpansion] {\getbuffer \page}

\stoptext

Maybe it's useful (I hardly use expansion myself). Hopefully there are
no side effects.

Hans

* Re: hz / expansion
@ 2019-12-05 19:01 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-12-05 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 12/2/19 6:52 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest lmtx has a new feature: expansion control independent of font
> specific settings.
> [...]
> Maybe it's useful (I hardly use expansion myself). Hopefully there are
> no side effects.

Many thanks for the new implementation, Hans.

Using beta from 2019.12.02 18:28 for LMTX in Windows, I get only the
left margin justified with this sample:

    \definefontfeature[default][default][expansion=quality]
    \setupalign[hz]
    \starttext
    \input zapf
    \stoptext

I cannot reproduce the issue in Linux. I’m afraid I don’t have access to
other computers.

Is this a real bug or is my distribution missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: hz / expansion
@ 2019-12-07 22:51   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2019-12-07 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 12/5/19 8:01 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 12/2/19 6:52 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> Maybe it's useful (I hardly use expansion myself). Hopefully there are
>> no side effects.
>
> Many thanks for the new implementation, Hans.
>
> Using beta from 2019.12.02 18:28 for LMTX in Windows, I get only the
> left margin justified with this sample: [...]

Many thanks for the fix, Hans.

I updated LMTX to the latest beta and everything works fine again.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk