* Bibliography issue, @ELECTRONIC editor
@ 2017-02-24 17:36 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2017-02-24 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

ConTeXters,

The following example demonstrates an issue with the ELECTRONIC bib type:

    \startbuffer[TestBib]
    @ELECTRONIC{Edited,
       editor = {An Editor},
       title = {A title},
       url = {http://www.example.com},
       year = {2017},
    }
    @ELECTRONIC{Authored,
       author = {An Author},
       title = {Another title},
       url = {http://www.example.com},
       year = {2017},
    }
    \stopbuffer
      \loadbtxdefinitionfile[apa]
      \usebtxdefinitions    [apa]
      \usebtxdataset        [TestBib.buffer]
      \definebtxrendering   [Pubs][apa]
    \enabletrackers[publications.authorhash]
    \starttext
    \nocite[*]
    \placelistofpublications[Pubs]
    \stoptext

Although either editor or author should be accepted, only author is
processed. There is a warning message generated by the publications
subsystem:

    unable to create short for 'Edited', needs one of [author,editor]

but clearly there is an editor. A reasonable workaround is to use author
instead of editor, but it would be nice to have a fix.

--
Rik

* Re: Bibliography issue, @ELECTRONIC editor
@ 2017-02-25  0:31 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-25  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:36:28 -0500
Rik Kabel <context@rik.users.panix.com> wrote:

> Although either editor or author should be accepted, only author is
> processed. There is a warning message generated by the publications
> subsystem: unable to create short for 'Edited', needs one of
> [author,editor] but clearly there is an editor. A reasonable
> workaround is to use author instead of editor, but it would be nice
> to have a fix.

Editor is not a standard field for the entry @electronic.
It is defined for @article, @periodical, @book, @inbook, @incollection,
and @proceedings. This follows the bibtex documentation and the
standard tools used for maintaining bib files.

Of course, we could add this, or any other field, but I find no entry
either in the APA Specifications describing this.

Alan

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC

* Re: Bibliography issue, @ELECTRONIC editor
@ 2017-02-25  1:45   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2017-02-25  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2017-02-24 19:31, Alan Braslau wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:36:28 -0500
> Rik Kabel <context@rik.users.panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Although either editor or author should be accepted, only author is
>> processed. There is a warning message generated by the publications
>> subsystem: unable to create short for 'Edited', needs one of
>> [author,editor] but clearly there is an editor. A reasonable
>> workaround is to use author instead of editor, but it would be nice
>> to have a fix.
> Editor is not a standard field for the entry @electronic.
> It is defined for @article, @periodical, @book, @inbook, @incollection,
> and @proceedings. This follows the bibtex documentation and the
> standard tools used for maintaining bib files.
>
> Of course, we could add this, or any other field, but I find no entry
> either in the APA Specifications describing this.
>
> Alan

Sorry. You are, of course, right about that. I misread the table in
mkiv-publications.

The problem I have is that all non-author electronic entries are grouped
at the top of the bibliography by date. However, APA for electronic
entries with no author should use the title (or a few salient words from
the text) at the beginning of the bibliography entry. Currently ConTeXt
uses a blank space and the date.

--
Rik