* \let \def \relax ?
@ 2003-09-25  7:02 Steffen Wolfrum
       [not found] ` <a05210602bb984364e390@[217\.184\.14\.225]>
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-25  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

for reasons of consistency I'd like to define a kind of master-line.
So I have everywhere the same proportions even when changing this master value.

My idea was

\def\MyGrid{15pt}

and to use it for example like

width=1.5\MyGrid

But this doesn't work (error massage mentions problem with units).

What is the right syntax for definitions like this?

Steffen

P.S. I'd like to use it in ConTeXt, but I guess this way of defining is pure TeX, right?

* Re: \let \def \relax ?
       [not found] ` <a05210602bb984364e390@[217\.184\.14\.225]>
@ 2003-09-25  8:00   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-09-25  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, September 25, 2003 Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Hi,

> for reasons of consistency I'd like to define a kind of master-line.
> So I have everywhere the same proportions even when changing this master value.

> My idea was

> \def\MyGrid{15pt}

> and to use it for example like

> width=1.5\MyGrid

> But this doesn't work (error massage mentions problem with units).

> What is the right syntax for definitions like this?

\newdimen\MyGrid
MyGrid=15pt

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta