Dear Aditya and Hans, Thank you for your suggestion. I add > \startMPcalculation > .... > \stopMPcalculation and it works. \setupinteraction[state=start] \usemodule[animation] \starttext %\startanimation[menu=yes] %{ \startMPcalculation path p; \stopMPcalculation \dorecurse{\udCount} {\useMPgraphic{foldUD}{num=\recurselevel}} {\useMPgraphic{dotLines}{num=\recurselevel}} %} %\stopanimation \stoptext However, it draws all the figures under the \startanimation case. There may be something I missed or there is something uncertain between \dorecurse and \startanimation. Thank you. Best regards, Dalyoung