* Making text disappear depending on mode
@ 2021-02-04 14:59 Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2021-02-04 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I’m currently writing an article for „Die TeXnische Komödie“ and discovers that my code is not working.

When the mode „change“ is set, the text should appear with a red line on the side,
that part is working.
When the mode is not set, it should disappear,
that’s the part that is not working.

My idea was to put the text into a buffer and ignore it, that didn’t work.

% !TEX TS-program = ConTeXt (LuaTeX 1.0.9)
% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

%\enablemode[change]

% Paragraph removed
\definestartstop[ChangePR][
  before={\doifmodeelse{change}
  {\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]}
  {}},
  after={\doifmodeelse{change}
  {\stopsidebar}
  {}},
  ]
% Paragraph removed
%\definestartstop[ChangePR][
%  before={\doifmodeelse{change}
%    {\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]}
%    {\startbuffer[ignore]}},
%  after={\doifmodeelse{change}
%    {\stopsidebar}
%    {\stopbuffer}},
%  ]

\starttext

Before

\startChangePR
\input knuth
\stopChangePR

After

\stoptext

Greetings Axel

* Re: Making text disappear depending on mode
@ 2021-02-04 16:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-02-04 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/4/2021 3:59 PM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m currently writing an article for „Die TeXnische Komödie“ and discovers that my code is not working.
>
> When the mode „change“ is set, the text should appear with a red line on the side,
> that part is working.
> When the mode is not set, it should disappear,
> that’s the part that is not working.
>
> My idea was to put the text into a buffer and ignore it, that didn’t work.
>

> % !TEX TS-program = ConTeXt (LuaTeX 1.0.9)
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> %\enablemode[change]
>
> % Paragraph removed
> \definestartstop[ChangePR][
>    before={\doifmodeelse{change}
>    {\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]}
>    {}},
>    after={\doifmodeelse{change}
>    {\stopsidebar}
>    {}},
>    ]
> % Paragraph removed
> %\definestartstop[ChangePR][
> %  before={\doifmodeelse{change}
> %    {\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]}
> %    {\startbuffer[ignore]}},
> %  after={\doifmodeelse{change}
> %    {\stopsidebar}
> %    {\stopbuffer}},
> %  ]
>
> \starttext
>
> Before
>
> \startChangePR
> \input knuth
> \stopChangePR
>
> After
>
> \stoptext
\defineblock
   [ChangePR]

\defineblock
   [ChangeRP]

\setupblock
   [ChangePR]
   [before={\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]},
    after={\blank[overlay]\stopsidebar}]

\setupblock
   [ChangeRP]
   [before={\startsidebar[rulecolor=green]},
    after={\blank[overlay]\stopsidebar}]

% \hideblocks[ChangePR]
\keepblocks[ChangePR]
% \keepblocks[ChangePR,ChangeRP]

\enablemode[wipe]

\doifelsemode {wipe} {
     \definebuffer[ChangePP]
} {
     \definestartstop
       [ChangePP]
       [before={\startsidebar[rulecolor=red]},
        after={\blank[overlay]\stopsidebar}]
}

\starttext

Before

\beginChangePR
     \input knuth
\endChangePR

Inbetween

\beginChangeRP
     \input knuth
\endChangeRP

After

\startChangePP
     \input knuth
\stopChangePP

Done

\stoptext

* Re: Making text disappear depending on mode
@ 2021-02-06  9:15   ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2021-02-06  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 04.02.2021 um 17:50 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>:
>
> \defineblock
>  [ChangePR]
>
> \defineblock
>  [ChangeRP]

> % \hideblocks[ChangePR]
> \keepblocks[ChangePR]
> % \keepblocks[ChangePR,ChangeRP]

Ah, blocks.

Thanks Hans, this works great.

I’ve updated the page in the Wiki to show my (now working) solution.

Greetings
Axel