* Bug in \setupinteraction?
@ 2003-01-25 18:28 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-01-25 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

after a couple of hours of debugging I found out why I couldn't
anymore set my PDF to maintain the zoom level; apparently, the
command \dosetuppageview{standard} command was ignored/overruled.
I finally traced it down to \setupinteraction: this command seems
to reset the pageview to "fit". Why?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Bug in \setupinteraction?
@ 2003-01-26 20:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-26 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:28 PM 1/25/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>after a couple of hours of debugging I found out why I couldn't
>anymore set my PDF to maintain the zoom level; apparently, the
>command \dosetuppageview{standard} command was ignored/overruled.
>I finally traced it down to \setupinteraction: this command seems
>to reset the pageview to "fit". Why?

because it's so low level that it is used in the higher level command, new
key: focus

Wasn't you the one who requested that feature?

   \setupinteraction[focus=standard]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: Bug in \setupinteraction?
@ 2003-01-26 22:27   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-01-26 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sunday, January 26, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:
>>after a couple of hours of debugging I found out why I couldn't
>>anymore set my PDF to maintain the zoom level; apparently, the
>>command \dosetuppageview{standard} command was ignored/overruled.
>>I finally traced it down to \setupinteraction: this command seems
>>to reset the pageview to "fit". Why?

HH> because it's so low level that it is used in the higher level command, new
HH> key: focus

HH> Wasn't you the one who requested that feature?

HH>    \setupinteraction[focus=standard]

Oops, yes it was me, but somehow I missed the moment when you
added the feature, and thus ignored its presence :)

Thank you very much.

(Of course we still have the problem that the actual target ends
up "outside" of the screen when the link is followed, but this
depends on pdfTeX using the base point coordinates, and since this
stands on the baseline, the actual text will, most of the time,
end a bunch of pixel outside the top of the screen ... maybe we
could add a "correction" to walk around this problem?)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: Bug in \setupinteraction?
@ 2003-01-31 21:10     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:27 PM 1/26/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>(Of course we still have the problem that the actual target ends
>up "outside" of the screen when the link is followed, but this
>depends on pdfTeX using the base point coordinates, and since this
>stands on the baseline, the actual text will, most of the time,
>end a bunch of pixel outside the top of the screen ... maybe we
>could add a "correction" to walk around this problem?)

i can look into that some day (maybe some trickery is possible),