* Context Upgrade
@ 2002-07-18 11:47 Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-07-18 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Friends,
Having successfully got a running Context setup I have been wary of
upgrading to say the new beta in case it doesn't work and then the recovery
could be rather painful.

I run Context on Mac OSX using tetex and context from fink

context      2001.11.13-1
pdftex       20010417-6
tetex        20010808-1
tetex-base   1.0-9
tetex-macosx 20010808-4
tetex-texmf  1.0.2-6

Now some of these are rather out of date according to some of the threads
here, so I have downloaded the latest beta but have become afraid of doing
the update in case I lose use. I am confident of Hans but not of myself!
Does anybody have any advice or have a method of doing a temporary
installation and being able to switch back and forth between old and new
until success is assured.

Does anybody have a procedure that they follow for an installation similar
to mine?

TIA
--
Nigel

* Re: Context Upgrade
@ 2002-07-18 13:48 ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2002-07-18 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt-Liste

Am Don, 2002-07-18 um 13.47 schrieb Nigel King:
> Does anybody have a procedure that they follow for an installation similar
> to mine?

You could put the new context installation in a separate texmf dir which
is searched before the old one. You can then go back to the old
installation by removing or renaming the extra directory.
Tetex is by default set up to search for files in $HOME/texmf before
looking in the system-wide texmf directories. So, if you don't use this
directory by now, you could take this location. Alternatively, define
another one in texmf.cnf.

Eckhart