From: Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de>
Subject: Re: Re: setuphead(s), subject, alternative=inmargin
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:54:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Patrick,

first, thanks! This solved my problem 90%. BIG Thanks!!

If you're interested in why and what's missing:

Zitat von Patrick Gundlach <pg@levana.de>:

> Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de> writes:
>
> Hello,
>
> > I don't know if that is even possible.....
>
> sure it is possible. Why not?

As you probably guessed, I'm quite new at this :-)

> [snip]
> Please show us where the subject header should begin. Should it start
> at the left edge of the margin or where?

Yes, and I didn't specify it because _my_ problem was how to cross the
margin/text boundary. I didn't know it was so easy (shifting a hbox by
\hskip-dimen)

> Refering to some LaTeX class is not very helpful, since the
> ConTeXt-source-readers don't use LaTeX very often :)

:-) You're right, obviously..

> Try this one. If it does not do what you want, please be exact about
> your specification!

That's most of what I wanted!! Great. I'm still puzzling over how to change
the width of the hbox to \textwidth+\marginwidth\margindistance, but for now
I'm saved. Why do I want a wider hbox? I print white fonts on black
background, so the left shifted \hbox with a width of (I assume) \textwidth
looks different from what I wanted. But it works for now...

Have a nice week,

Mathias