* extra page in pdf
@ 2003-10-01  6:33 Gonçalo Morais
From: Gonçalo Morais @ 2003-10-01  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again:

 When I compile my context documents with
 the command:

 texexec --pdf myfile

 usually I will have an extra empty page as the last page of the document.
 How can I cut it out or avoid it?

    thanks in advance

    Gonçalo

IPLNet WebMail http://www.mail.ipl.pt
"Campus Virtual" do IPL - Aguarda aprovação!
http://www.net.ipl.pt/index.html#WIRELESS

* Re: extra page in pdf
@ 2003-10-01  6:51 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-10-01  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Goncalo,

Gonçalo Morais wrote

> Hello again:
>
>  When I compile my context documents with
>  the command:
>
>  texexec --pdf myfile
>
>  usually I will have an extra empty page as the last page of the document.
>  How can I cut it out or avoid it?
>
>     thanks in advance
>
>     Gonçalo

Could you be more specific? - Normally you will get an empty page when in
doublesided mode i.e. when saying
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] or things like
\setuplayout[location=doublesided]

Willi

* Re: extra page in pdf
@ 2003-10-01  8:42   ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2003-10-01  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:51:26AM +0200, Willi Egger wrote:
> Gonçalo Morais wrote
> >  usually I will have an extra empty page as the last page of the document.
> >  How can I cut it out or avoid it?
> Could you be more specific? - Normally you will get an empty page when in
> doublesided mode i.e. when saying
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided] or things like
> \setuplayout[location=doublesided]
Another possibility is if you use frontmatter, bodymatter, appendices
etc. -- if you combine this with doublesided you can even get a odd
number of pages. In this case the solution is:
  \setupsectionblock[frontpart]   [page=]
  \setupsectionblock[bodypart]    [page=]
  \setupsectionblock[backpart]    [page=]
  \setupsectionblock[appendixpart][page=]

Tobias

* Re: extra page in pdf
@ 2003-10-01 14:29     ` gmorais
From: gmorais @ 2003-10-01 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

You got it. The reason was the use of \startbodymatter and all the other
things. Now that I remove it, everything works fine.

Thanks