* Problems with table and Division Line
@ 2003-11-18 18:01 Bernd Militzer
From: Bernd Militzer @ 2003-11-18 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

using \DL[2] only once in a row, the function works well, but
using \DL[2] twice in a row, I get a error-message:

+----------
! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr.
<template> \endtemplate

\!ttLongHrule ->\omit \span \omit \span
                                        \!ttShortHrule
\normalTABLEmultirule ...{#1}\normalTABLElongrule
                                                  &
\complexTableDL ...handleTABLEerror \fi \fi \next
                                                  \fi
l.31 \DL[2]              \DC       \DC   \DL[2]
                                                                \DR
?
! Emergency stop.
<template> \endtemplate

\!ttLongHrule ->\omit \span \omit \span
                                        \!ttShortHrule
\normalTABLEmultirule ...{#1}\normalTABLElongrule
                                                  &
\complexTableDL ...handleTABLEerror \fi \fi \next
                                                  \fi
l.31 \DL[2]              \DC       \DC   \DL[2]
                                                                \DR
End of file on the terminal!
+----------
\starttext
\starttable[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
%\starttables[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
%
\HL
\NC one \NC two     \NC three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
%
\DL[2]              \DC       \DC      \DC      \DC        \DR
\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
%
\DC     \DC         \DC       \DL[3]                       \DR
\NC one \NC two \NC three \VL \THREE{four + five + six} \VL\AR
% the next line does not work!!
\DL[2]              \DC       \DC      \DL[2]              \DR
%
\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \VL \TWO{five + six}\VL\AR
\stoptable
\stoptext

What ist here to do? Any hints will be welcome!

Bernd

* Re: Problems with table and Division Line
@ 2003-11-18 20:53 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-11-18 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bernd,

I tried the \starttable ....

It is quite tricky to get the dummy columns right!

If you withdraw one of the \DC in the line which causes the error, the
table compiles just fine.
I was playing with another table first, where I added several \DL[2]. When
I messed up the \DC I got similar errors as you.

Kind regards Willi

@ 2003-11-19  7:33   ` Bernd Militzer
From: Bernd Militzer @ 2003-11-19  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

> It is quite tricky to get the dummy columns right!
>
> If you withdraw one of the \DC in the line which causes the error, the
> table compiles just fine.

thanks for help!

@ 2003-11-19  8:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-11-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

An \DL has an explicit DC in it, so you have to leave out the next \DC as in:

\starttext
\starttable[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
%\starttables[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
%
\HL
\NC one \NC two     \NC three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
%
\DL[2]                        \DC      \DC      \DC        \DR
\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
%
\DC                 \NC       \DL[3]                       \DR
\NC one \NC two \NC three \VL \THREE{four + five + six} \VL\AR
% the next line does not work!!
\DL[2]                        \DC      \DL[2]              \DR
%
\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \VL \TWO{five + six}\VL\AR
\stoptable
\stoptext

>Hi all,
>
>using \DL[2] only once in a row, the function works well, but
>using \DL[2] twice in a row, I get a error-message:
>
>+----------
>! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr.
><template> \endtemplate
>
>\!ttLongHrule ->\omit \span \omit \span
>                                         \!ttShortHrule
>\normalTABLEmultirule ...{#1}\normalTABLElongrule
>                                                   &
>\complexTableDL ...handleTABLEerror \fi \fi \next
>                                                   \fi
>l.31 \DL[2]              \DC       \DC   \DL[2]
>                                                                 \DR
>?
>! Emergency stop.
><template> \endtemplate
>
>\!ttLongHrule ->\omit \span \omit \span
>                                         \!ttShortHrule
>\normalTABLEmultirule ...{#1}\normalTABLElongrule
>                                                   &
>\complexTableDL ...handleTABLEerror \fi \fi \next
>                                                   \fi
>l.31 \DL[2]              \DC       \DC   \DL[2]
>                                                                 \DR
>End of file on the terminal!
>+----------
>\starttext
>\starttable[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
>%\starttables[|c|c|c|c|c|c|]
>%
>\HL
>\NC one \NC two     \NC three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
>%
>\DL[2]              \DC       \DC      \DC      \DC        \DR
>\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \NC five \NC six \NC\AR
>%
>\DC     \DC         \DC       \DL[3]                       \DR
>\NC one \NC two \NC three \VL \THREE{four + five + six} \VL\AR
>% the next line does not work!!
>\DL[2]              \DC       \DC      \DL[2]              \DR
>%
>\VL \TWO{one + two} \VL three \NC four \VL \TWO{five + six}\VL\AR
>\stoptable
>\stoptext
>
>What ist here to do? Any hints will be welcome!
>
>Bernd

>Deze e-mail is door E-mail VirusScanner van Planet Internet gecontroleerd
>op virussen.
>Op http://www.planet.nl/evs staat een verwijzing naar de actuele lijst
>waar op wordt gecontroleerd.

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Problems with table and Division Line
@ 2003-11-19 10:42   ` Bernd Militzer
From: Bernd Militzer @ 2003-11-19 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,