* Custom cross reference
@ 2001-07-14 15:19 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-07-14 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am trying to understand how to create custom reference. For
example, I want a custom \about command that prints the name of
the reference object without the quotes and that adds the object
kind after the object. So that if I have a table assigned with
\placetable[tab:weight]{Weight} I can do

look in the \myabout[tab:weight]

or even

look in the \myabout{ Table}[tab:weight]

and obtain

look in the Weight Table

where Weight and Table are part of the link. I understand that the
appropriate way to do this is \definereferenceformat, but

\definerefenceformat[myabout]
                    [left=,right=,label={}{ Table},command=\about]

does not lead to the expected results.

Ideas?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-07-14 15:19 UTC | newest]