* Context in Portuguese
@ 2004-08-18  0:03 Miguel Queiros
From: Miguel Queiros @ 2004-08-18  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

I've been a Latex user for some time and I'm now trying
to use Context to typeset some documents in portuguese
using portuguese accentuated characters but
I can't seem to get it working. Every time I use an
accentuated character it simply doesn't shows up in the
document. I'v read the docs but haven't found a
solution to the problem.

Can someone provide me a simple example on how to
do it, or the problem I'm facing has to do with
some kind of configuration that has to be done
in Context ? I'v been trying to use Context
using the tex iso available at pragma's website.

Thank you,
Miguel Queirós

* Re: Context in Portuguese
@ 2004-08-18  8:49 ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2004-08-18  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 Aug 2004, at 01:03, Miguel Queiros wrote:

> Every time I use an
> accentuated character it simply doesn't shows up in the
> document. I'v read the docs but haven't found a
> solution to the problem.

Miguel,

I had the same problem when I started to use ConTeXt. Hans suggested I
use \enableregime[mac]  at the beginning of my documents. I use a Mac
OSX.
The same principle must apply for PCs. It might be \enableregime[win]

In the ConTeXt manual 'Fonts in ConTeXt' p. 22 there is a discussion of
Regimes. You get the document from the Pragma website.

I hope this will get you going. If not one of the experts out there
will have the answer.

Best wishes,
Charlie Doherty

**************
Charles Doherty,
Early Irish History,
School of History,
University College Dublin,
Belfield,
Dublin 4
Ireland
Telephone +353 1 7168381

* Re: Context in Portuguese
@ 2004-08-18 23:18   ` Miguel Queiros
From: Miguel Queiros @ 2004-08-18 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

> I had the same problem when I started to use ConTeXt. Hans suggested I
> use \enableregime[mac]  at the beginning of my documents. I use a Mac
> OSX.
> The same principle must apply for PCs. It might be \enableregime[win]

\enableregime[mac] seems to solve the problem. I just need to
add the accentuated characters as described in one of
context manuals, something like: \'{i} ... etc.

> In the ConTeXt manual 'Fonts in ConTeXt' p. 22 there is a discussion of
> Regimes. You get the document from the Pragma website.

I will take a look at it.

> I hope this will get you going. If not one of the experts out there
> will have the answer.

Yes, it did. Thank you.

Miguel Queirós