From: "Ehrt, Michael" <m.ehrt@erco.com>
Subject: Controlling figure placement?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:04:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi everyone,

Is there a way that gives more control over figure placement within a
columnset area? What I'd like to do is:

- have a columnset area that covers a whole page
- if possible, leave out headers and footers on that page (don't know
how)
- place an external figure on that page which is the same size as the
whole page, 210 by 297mm.

What I tried so far is:

\definecolumnset[test][n=3,distance=15pt]
\definecolumnsetspan[intro][n=2]
\definecolumnsetarea[one][fixed][x=1,y=1,nx=3,ny=46,page=3,state=start]
\definecolumnsetarea[two][fixed][x=1,y=1,nx=3,ny=46,page=5,state=start]
\setupcolumnsetareatext[one][\setups{mypdf}]
\setupcolumnsetareatext[two][\setups{myjpg}]
\startsetups[mypdf]\externalfigure[01-x3.pdf]\stopsetups
\startsetups[myjpg]\externalfigure[01.jpg]\stopsetups

The pdf is placed on page 3, left aligned at the text body, top aligned
at the text body. Both is not what I want in this case.

The jpg is placed on page 5, vertically centered which is ok, left
aligned at the text body which is also not what I want.

Headers and footers are not a problem this time, since the figure
obscures them. But in the past I've had images slightly smaller than the
text body, in which case I'd like to wipe out headers and footers on
that particular page...

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Michael