* symbol parameter of \setuplist
@ 2005-04-11  5:40 David Munger
From: David Munger @ 2005-04-11  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I fear I cannot figure out what is the meaning of the `symbol' parameter
of \setuplist. From all the documentation or mailing list archives, the
only use I can find is "symbol=1".

Is there a way to use it to draw bullets, say, before each list item,
like those in the itemize environment? If not, what would be the best
way of achieving this? With \placelist[command=...] maybe?

Regards,

David

* Re: symbol parameter of \setuplist
@ 2005-04-11  7:25 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-04-11  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Munger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I fear I cannot figure out what is the meaning of the `symbol' parameter
> of \setuplist. From all the documentation or mailing list archives, the
> only use I can find is "symbol=1".
>
> Is there a way to use it to draw bullets, say, before each list item,
> like those in the itemize environment? If not, what would be the best
> way of achieving this? With \placelist[command=...] maybe?

in my version:

\starttext

\def\MyListSymbol     {!}
\def\AnotherListSymbol{[\currentlistnumber]}

\definesymbol[list][mine]   [\MyListSymbol]
\definesymbol[list][another][\AnotherListSymbol]

\placelist[section][symbol=one]
\placelist[section][symbol=mine]
\placelist[section][symbol=another]

\section{one}
\section{two}

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-04-11 13:34   ` David Munger
From: David Munger @ 2005-04-11 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \definesymbol[list][mine]   [\MyListSymbol]
> \definesymbol[list][another][\AnotherListSymbol]
                ^^^^

Aha! My code lacked the `list' parameter after \definesymbol.

Thanks Hans.

David