* [NTG-context] Is there any command that equates to "keep with previous paragraph"?
       [not found] <1588507596.354733.1715828679626.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2024-05-16  3:04 ` Joel via ntg-context
From: Joel via ntg-context @ 2024-05-16  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I have text like this, it interprets the gap as needing a paragraph break:
This is some text.
This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.
Is there any macro I can place that will ignore the gap before it, treating the next text as if it belongs at the end of that sentence?
Ex.
This is some text.
\ignorebreak This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.
That way output is more like this:
This is some text. This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.
--Joel

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: Is there any command that equates to "keep with previous paragraph"?
@ 2024-05-16 10:30   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-05-16 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 16.05.2024 um 05:04:
> If I have text like this, it interprets the gap as needing a paragraph
> break:
>
> This is some text.
>
> This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.
>
> Is there any macro I can place that will ignore the gap before it,
> treating the next text as if it belongs at the end of that sentence?
>
> Ex.
>
> This is some text.
>
> \ignorebreak This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.
>
> That way output is more like this:
>
> This is some text.This is some other text, it will appear in a new
> paragraph.

There is a similar command to ignore the next blank line or \par but you
have to add it at the end paragraph and not at the start.

In the old MkII days \GotoPar (the commands is still available) did the
job but with Luametatex you can now use the \ignorepars primitive to
achieve the result.

%%%% begin example
\starttext

This is some text.

This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.

\blank

This is some text. \ignorepars % add space before \ignorepars

This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.

\blank

This is some text. \GotoPar

This is some other text, it will appear in a new paragraph.

\stoptext
%%%% end example

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl