I'd like to reset the page number with each chapter and prepend the chapter number to the page number. Something like Chapter One Foo 1-1 Bar 1-2 Chapter Two Baz 2-1 Qux 2-3 Now here's where it gets complicated: I also need to generate an index using this same numbering. Index B Bar 1-2,2-1 Q Qux 1-1,2-3 I've played with many different approaches and can achieve 85% functionality, but generating the index is turning out to be killer. Any suggestions? Better yet, does anyone already have example code doing this? -- Stuart Jansen Guru Labs, L.C.