* setuppagenumbering way=chapter and indexes
@ 2005-05-02 22:36 Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-05-02 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd like to reset the page number with each chapter and prepend the
chapter number to the page number. Something like

Chapter One
  Foo     1-1
  Bar     1-2
Chapter Two
  Baz     2-1
  Qux     2-3

Now here's where it gets complicated: I also need to generate an index
using this same numbering.

  Bar 1-2,2-1
  Qux 1-1,2-3

I've played with many different approaches and can achieve 85%
functionality, but generating the index is turning out to be killer. Any
suggestions? Better yet, does anyone already have example code doing
this?

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen@gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.