My understanding is that the following code should produce two chapter pages with a page number at the top, followed by an index page without a page number. That is not what happens. Am I correct that this is a bug? Is there a bugzilla or something similar where I should be reporting the problem? \startsectionblockenvironment[backpart] \setuppagenumbering[state=stop] \stopsectionblockenvironment \setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=no] % avoid generation of an extra \setupsectionblock[backpart][page=no] % page at the end of the doc \startbodymatter \chapter{foo} \section{bar} \index{bar} \section{baz} \chapter{qux} \section{quux} \index{quux} \section{corge} \stopbodymatter \startbackmatter \page \placeindex \stopbackmatter -- Stuart Jansen Guru Labs, L.C.