Below is a simple example of chapter/section titles containing characters that need to be escaped. Although the page content turns out correctly, the PDF bookmarks contain the literal escape string instead or the desired character. Any ideas how avoid this? I guess this is a bug report. ====== \setupinteraction[state=start] \placebookmarks[chapter,section] \starttext \chapter{test{\char`_}chapter} The underscore character needs to be escaped in certain situations. \chapter{start{\char124}stop} So does the pipe symbol. \chapter{foo} \section{bar} How can I avoid literals escape strings in bookmarks? \stoptext ====== -- Stuart Jansen Guru Labs, L.C.