On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 09:17 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote: > there some sanitizing mechanism, but i'm not sure if you wan that here; Why do > you use the hard coded \char's? If you use the named access mechanisms they are > normally handled ok in bookmarks Mostly because I wasn't aware they existed. Your suggestion mostly works. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with the braces. I'm doing automated document generation, and I've had problems with stray spaces finding their way into the document, so I've taken to always using {\letterbar} or \letterunderscore{}. I suppose I might be able to solve the problem instead with some creative post-processing, but it'd be kinda tricky. Any simple solutions? ===== \setupinteraction[state=start] \starttext \placebookmarks[chapter,section] \chapter{test{\letterunderscore}chapter} The underscore character needs to be escaped in certain situations. \chapter{start\letterbar{}stop} So does the pipe symbol. \chapter{foo} \section{bar} How can I avoid literals escape strings in bookmarks? \stoptext ===== -- Stuart Jansen Guru Labs, L.C.