Reading the list archives, it looks like there are certain advantages, to performing underlining according to my example below: ===== \setupcolors[state=start] \definetextbackground[underline][location=text,alternative=1,background=,frame=off] \definestartstop [underline] [before={\starttextbackground[underline]}, after=\stoptextbackground] \starttext \startunderline{}http://gurulabs.com/\stopunderline \stoptext ===== I would like to tweak this a little however. Specifically, I'd like to change the color of the line and move it down a point or two. In one thread, Hans hinted how to do this: > you can redefine the metapost graphic, the main thing there is that > you draw/fill something related to the multipar paths; it takes a bit > of experimenting, but after a while you start seeing possibilities. > See plus-rul.tex for an example of such a graphic. I think I've tracked this reference down to the definition of mpos:par:columnset, but at this point am lost as to how to proceed. Metapost is still beyond me. Any hints would be much appreciated. -- Stuart Jansen Guru Labs, L.C.