* tweaking underlining
@ 2005-07-08 22:49 Stuart Jansen
From: Stuart Jansen @ 2005-07-08 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reading the list archives, it looks like there are certain advantages,
to performing underlining according to my example below:

=====
\setupcolors[state=start]
\definetextbackground[underline][location=text,alternative=1,background=,frame=off]
\definestartstop
  [underline]
  [before={\starttextbackground[underline]},
   after=\stoptextbackground]
\starttext
\startunderline{}http://gurulabs.com/\stopunderline
\stoptext
=====

I would like to tweak this a little however. Specifically, I'd like to
change the color of the line and move it down a point or two.

In one thread, Hans hinted how to do this:

> you can redefine the metapost graphic, the main thing there is that
> you draw/fill something related to the multipar paths; it takes a bit
> of experimenting, but after a while you start seeing possibilities.
> See plus-rul.tex for an example of such a graphic.

I think I've tracked this reference down to the definition of
mpos:par:columnset, but at this point am lost as to how to proceed.
Metapost is still beyond me. Any hints would be much appreciated.

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen@gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.