* BIB Module + Bibtex + Cite + Uppercase and Lowercase
@ 2006-02-01 17:03 Miguel Queiros
From: Miguel Queiros @ 2006-02-01 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm using the BIB module, and a Bibtex bib file, and I'm facing the
following problem:

I need to have the Bibliography generated so that the author name
is typeset with uppercase so I'm using something like:

@Misc{iosn:free_open_source_education,
  author = {Tan Wooi \uppercase{Tong}},
  title = {{\underbar{Free/Open Source Software Education}}},

  [...]

}

But when using \cite I need the author name to be typeset
in lowercase like this: Tong (2004).

I tried using \Word{\cite[authoryear][iosn:free_open_source_education]\}
but I got an error.

Does anyone knows how can I get it right ?

Thank you!
Miguel Queirós

* Re: BIB Module + Bibtex + Cite + Uppercase and Lowercase
@ 2006-02-02  9:15 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-02  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Miguel Queiros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the BIB module, and a Bibtex bib file, and I'm facing the
> following problem:
>
> I need to have the Bibliography generated so that the author name
> is typeset with uppercase so I'm using something like:
>
> @Misc{iosn:free_open_source_education,
>   author = {Tan Wooi \uppercase{Tong}},
>   title = {{\underbar{Free/Open Source Software Education}}},
>
>   [...]
>
> }
>
> But when using \cite I need the author name to be typeset
> in lowercase like this: Tong (2004).
>
> I tried using \Word{\cite[authoryear][iosn:free_open_source_education]\}
> but I got an error.
>
> Does anyone knows how can I get it right ?

Since this is a publication list issue, you should fix the publication
list only, using \setuppublicationlist. For that, you have to define
the callback macro that typesets the author name. Something like this,
maybe

%D Copied from \invertedshortauthor, with an extra \uppercase
%D \type{#1} = firstnames
%D \type{#2} = von
%D \type{#3} = surname
%D \type{#4} = inits
%D \type{#5} = junior

\unprotect
\def\UCauthor#1#2#3#4#5%
   {\bibdoif{#2}{#2\bibalternative\c!vonsep}%
    \uppercase{#3}\bibalternative\c!surnamesep
    \bibdoif{#5}{#5\bibalternative\c!juniorsep}%
    \bibdoif{#4}{#4\unskip}}
\protect

After that, you can do:

\setuppublicationlist
    [artauthor=\UCauthor,
     editor=\UCauthor,
     author=\UCauthor]

Cheers, Taco

* Re: BIB Module + Bibtex + Cite + Uppercase and Lowercase
@ 2006-02-02 20:09   ` Miguel Queiros
From: Miguel Queiros @ 2006-02-02 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Since this is a publication list issue, you should fix the publication
> list only, using \setuppublicationlist. For that, you have to define
> the callback macro that typesets the author name. Something like this,
> maybe

[...]

Yes! That solved my problem.

Thank you!