On Tuesday, June 19, 2012, at 10:42 Wolfgang Schuster wrote: > Am 19.06.2012 um 10:39 schrieb Andreas Schneider: >> Hello, >> >> I'm a bit lost with macro expansion here. I try to use some macros to >> set the title (and subject) of the PDF document. The attached minimal >> example shows what I want to achieve. >> >> I tried def, edef, gdef, define, explicit expand, expandoneafter, etc. >> etc. without any success. Whatever I do, the title field in the PDF >> metadata always contains the raw "\date..." command instead of the >> formatted date. >> >> Any suggestions? > You can’t use \date (or any other unexpandable command) in an expandable context. > Wolfgang Hmm I see, so \date is simply not possible for that case. Ok, thanks for explaining that I wasn't aware (until now) that commands can be unexpandable. Thanks again! :-) -- Best Regards, Andreas