* Changes/bugs in the new Context
@ 2003-09-11 14:07 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2003-09-11 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Mr. Hagen.

I'm sorry I bother you, but I really need a help. Some time ago I
uploaded and installed the new version of ConTeXt (ConTeXt  ver:
2003.8.21). After that I was not able to compile some of my documents
due to changes (bug?) in the new version (the changes may be older). I'd
like to ask how should I handle the following two cases in the new version.

1) Changes in colors

In some older version I could write things like this:

\setupheader[style={\ss\bfb\red}]
\setuphead[chapter]
  [textstyle={\ss\bfc\setupinterlinespace[line=24pt]\red}]
  \setupinteraction[state=start, style=\red]

where \red is a color.

Now it makes errors. How should I handle it now? In heads and headers I
can use command option and \setupheadertexts respectively. But how sould
I set the interactioncolor? (This is the real cause of the problem I
have ask the last week -- by my mistake atributed to the content-lists.)

2) Chagnes (bug?) in references

Some time ago command \reference[...]{...} expanded the term in the
second (curly?) braces before writing to auxiliary files. Now it
doesn't. I use this command in my macros like this

\reference[#1]{\the\somenumber.\the\anothernumber}}

Now the commands \the\somenumber.\the\anothernumber are placed to
.tui/.tuo files without expansion. I had to redefine it in the following
way:

\global\let\OriReference=\reference
\gdef\reference[#1]#2{%
  \edef\MyRefO{#2}%
  \def\MyRef##1!!{%
    \OriReference[#1]{##1}%
  }
  \expandafter\MyRef\MyRefO!!%
}

Is it a bug or a feature? How should I use it? Doesn't my solution
interfere with the genious ConTeXt macros?

Nonetheless I want to thank you very much for providing such a powerful
macro package as ConTeXt is to all of us for free. The ConTeXt is really
great. Thank you.

Thank you very much for your kind help.
Your sincerely
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: Changes/bugs in the new Context
@ 2003-09-11 14:54 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-09-11 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thursday, September 11, 2003 Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

> Dear Mr. Hagen.

> I'm sorry I bother you, but I really need a help. Some time ago I
> uploaded and installed the new version of ConTeXt (ConTeXt ver:
> 2003.8.21). After that I was not able to compile some of my documents
> due to changes (bug?) in the new version (the changes may be older). I'd
> like to ask how should I handle the following two cases in the new version.

> 1) Changes in colors

> In some older version I could write things like this:

> \setupheader[style={\ss\bfb\red}]
> \setuphead[chapter]
>   [textstyle={\ss\bfc\setupinterlinespace[line=24pt]\red}]
>   \setupinteraction[state=start, style=\red]

> where \red is a color.

> Now it makes errors. How should I handle it now? In heads and headers I
> can use command option and \setupheadertexts respectively. But how sould
> I set the interactioncolor? (This is the real cause of the problem I
> have ask the last week -- by my mistake atributed to the content-lists.)

Each style=  option now has a color=  counterpart:

use

textstyle={what you want except \red},textcolor=red

in setuphead and

color=red

in setupinteraction

--