2006/10/11, Gerhard Kugler : > On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:21:54PM +0100, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote: > > > > I ran it here (ver: 2006.10.05). With just \placetable[here], it > > doesn't split. With \placetable[here,split], it splits it into two > > parts with Table 1.a on one page and Table 1.b on the other page. > > With my version (of Debian sarge) this option (split) has no > influence. I get one page. > > I guess I must install a new version of ConteXt (texexec). Till now I > install all my software with apt-get. Do I have to install texexec > directly now? > > > > > The "Obertext zum Ganzen" is only on the first page, which is what the > > .tex code should do (but maybe you wanted it repeated at the top of > > each split page?). > > It is not necessary to repeat this row on each page. But here it is > repeated automatically at the buttom margin (see appendix). My > dvi-file is created with the split option. > > Gerhard > > -- > Gerhard Kugler > Psychotherapeut > Bensheim (Germany) > http://www.psychotherapie-kugler.de Hi Gerhard, I looked into your log file and it shows ConTeXt ver: 2003.1.31 fmt: 2006.1.23 int: english mes: english It's an ancient ConTeXt version, you need to uprade your ConTeXt version first to get a splittet table. You should download the latest stable version from pragma. If you want a repeated header on every page try to put \setuptables[split=repeat] into your document. With new versions from ConTeXt you do no longer the \starttables ... \stoptables command. Hans changed it to control table splitting completely with split-option in \setuptables and makes to let the normal \starttable-environment split when neccessary. You should look at the wiki how to upgrade your TeX-distribution. http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Debian_installation Wolfgang