2006/10/11, R. Ermers : > > Hi, > > I am preparing a document in xml docbook. The general output with > Context is fine. > > However, in my main text (Dutch) I use some Turkish as well. Next to the > xml-editor, I use Textpad, whose unicode support is not optimal, so for > the time being I save the file in iso 8859-9. This encoding is identical > to latin-1, but with the 6 symbols ETH, eth, THORN, thorn, Yacute, > yacute replaced by Gbreve, gbreve, Scedilla, scedilla, Idotabove, > dotlessi (see e.g. http://www.gar.no/home/mats/8859-9.htm). > > Now I can't figure out which encoding to use in my Context document (I > also considered using a code in the xml, but that is not a very > attractive idea). Do we need to set up a separate coding for Turkish > (like for Polish, Slowak and Romanian)? > > The next step will be to > > Regards, > > Robert Hi Robert, se easiest way would be to save your document in unicode-encoding and process it with \enableregime[utf] in ConTeXt. I use Textpad sometimes by myslf, but I prefer emeditor because it support more encodings and has built-in syntax hyghligting for TeX. Wolfgang