* spreading natural tables across the page
@ 2007-04-05  1:41 MASON Peter J
From: MASON Peter J @ 2007-04-05  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm trying to have my tables extend across the full (\textwidth) of the page. In LaTeX I was using tabular*, specifying a \textwidth for width, and with approp use of  @{\extracolsep\fill}} bu am not having any success. Basically, in ConteXT I want odd columns to act as labels and be tight fitting but even cols to be the values an NOT be tight-fitting, within a page-wide table, ie some tight, some not. As well, I' d like not to be explicitly specifying column width.

I saw examples using option=stretch somewhere but am not able to get my use of same happening. As well, I' d like not to be explicitly specifying column width. Could a kind person please point me to an example of this usage.

Thanks.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.

* Re: spreading natural tables across the page
@ 2007-04-05  6:16 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-04-05  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/4/5, MASON Peter J <Peter_MASON@rta.nsw.gov.au>:

>  I'm trying to have my tables extend across the full (\textwidth) of the
> page. In LaTeX I was using tabular*, specifying a \textwidth for width, and
> with approp use of  @{\extracolsep\fill}} bu am not having any success.
> Basically, in ConteXT I want odd columns to act as labels and be tight
> fitting but even cols to be the values an NOT be tight-fitting, within a
> page-wide table, ie some tight, some not. As well, I' d like not to be
> explicitly specifying column width.
>
> I saw examples using option=stretch somewhere but am not able to get my
> use of same happening. As well, I' d like not to be explicitly specifying
> column width. Could a kind person please point me to an example of this
> usage.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Peter,

\starttext

\bTABLE[option=stretch]
  \bTR
    \bTD Left \eTD
    \bTD Right \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: spreading natural tables across the page
@ 2007-04-09 22:48 MASON Peter J
From: MASON Peter J @ 2007-04-09 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thankyou, but I'm seeking a little more. This example gives columns of equal width. I need to be able to control width for each col, viz some I want tight fitting, others not. Seems that I can do this if I'm explicit about setting width= per column, but with Latex using "tabular*" I didn't need to set width explicitly for each col. Does this make sense? If so then howto?