From: "Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: module and def commands problem
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:57:34 +0200	[thread overview]

2007/4/5, Bernd Militzer <bernd@militzer.net>:

> Hi Taco,
> instead of  writing a FixMe-module I just started to make my exam-module
> from 2003 a bit more international.
>
> As a first test I set up some commands in german and english
> see file p-testDE.tex
>
> running texexec test1.tex  the output is ok
> but
> running texexec --mode=english test1.tex
> I get an error:
> system          : module testDE loaded
> (./p-testde.tex)
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> ...st it} \subject {FixMe} \SchoolYear
>                                                   {2006/07} \question
> test i...
>
> \firstofoneargument #1->#1
>
> l.53 }
>
> What is going wrong with my command-definations? I have no idea!
>
> What did I fail to do?
>
> Cheers,
> Bernd

Hi Bernd,

you tried to write you commands as \def\v!... and this means also you
have to call them by the name \v!...

Replace the four commands in your file with the next ones:

\def\Fach#1     {\def\internFach{#1}}
\def\Thema#1    {\def\internThema{#1}}
\def\SchulJahr#1{\def\internSchulJahr{#1}}

\def\SpezialTitel{\internFach\hfill\internThema\hfill\internSchulJahr\blank}

You can also remove the \startvariables .. \stopvariables part from your
module, you need them only for keyval commands.

Wolfgang