* frames and hyphenation
@ 2007-06-29 17:25 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2007-06-29 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

I encountered some strange thing with framedtext's in trying to
define one where hyphenation is suppressed. The definition is:
\defineframedtext[myblock][frame=off,style=\tt,width=0.8
\makeupwidth,before=\nohyphens]
But then \startmyblock text \stopmyblock does not stop hyphenation.
While \startmyblock\nohyphens text \stopmyblock stops it.
Since I would like to have the myblock's all having suppressed
hyphenation I am at a loss how to do it. Could it be that the
\nohyphens in the "before" is overriden by something? It looks like,
because setting lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin zero at that point
did not work either.
By the way it is a bit difficult to give an exact example, because
hyphenation so much depends on ones linesize and font dimensions.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: frames and hyphenation
@ 2007-06-29 18:05 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-06-29 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Quoting Hans van der Meer <hansm@science.uva.nl>:

> I encountered some strange thing with framedtext's in trying to
> define one where hyphenation is suppressed. The definition is:
> \defineframedtext[myblock][frame=off,style=\tt,width=0.8
> \makeupwidth,before=\nohyphens]
> But then \startmyblock text \stopmyblock does not stop hyphenation.
> While \startmyblock\nohyphens text \stopmyblock stops it.
> Since I would like to have the myblock's all having suppressed
> hyphenation I am at a loss how to do it. Could it be that the
> \nohyphens in the "before" is overriden by something? It looks like,
> because setting lefthyphenmin and righthyphenmin zero at that point
> did not work either.
> By the way it is a bit difficult to give an exact example, because
> hyphenation so much depends on ones linesize and font dimensions.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Frames

Aditya

* Re: frames and hyphenation
@ 2007-06-29 18:07 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2007-06-29 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Well, it nearly always helps to put a problem to this newsgroup. It
helps you concentrate better!
The solution was simply, though not obvious at first.
It should not haven been "before=\nohyphens" but "top=\nohyphens".

@ 2007-07-02  6:00   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-07-02  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/6/29, Hans van der Meer <hansm@science.uva.nl>:
> Well, it nearly always helps to put a problem to this newsgroup. It helps
> you concentrate better!
> The solution was simply, though not obvious at first.
> It should not haven been "before=\nohyphens" but "top=\nohyphens".

better

align=nothyphenated

Wolfgang