* texexec command line parameters (help)
@ 2007-07-11 21:40 w.neimeijer
From: w.neimeijer @ 2007-07-11 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am experimenting with the various texexec command line options,
but it is a bit confusing.

I want to minimize the number of runs and suppress as much of the messages
as possible.

I tried (windows standalone context) :

1) texmfstart --pdf --runs=1 --silentmode texfile.tex

This still gave 3 runs with all the Context messages displayed.

After a bit of experimenting it turns out that I have to use

2) texmfstart --pdf texfile.tex --runs=1 --silentmode

It works, but I am not sure what the correct way is for the other options.
The manual mtexexec.pdf (a bit outdated) says I have to use method 1).
Also the Wiki page http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeXExec suggest method 1).
Running texexec --help --all does not mention the order in which these
parameters should be specified.

TIA

Wim Neimeijer

* Re: texexec command line parameters (help)
@ 2007-07-12  5:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-07-12  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/7/11, w.neimeijer@hccnet.nl <w.neimeijer@hccnet.nl>:
> I am experimenting with the various texexec command line options,
> but it is a bit confusing.
>
> I want to minimize the number of runs and suppress as much of the messages
> as possible.
>
> I tried (windows standalone context) :
>
> 1) texmfstart --pdf --runs=1 --silentmode texfile.tex

texmfstart --once --silentmode texfile.tex

PDF output is default since 2006(?)

Wolfgang