* Weird Problem
@ 2007-07-19 13:52 Alex K
From: Alex K @ 2007-07-19 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie to ConTeXt (aka recent convert from a GUI world and WYSIWYG typesetting), so please forgive my
ignorance. :) I'm having some problems typesetting a simple practice
document that used to compile fine before. Recently, after modifying
part of the text (not the code, which to the best of my knowledge
appears correct, since I haven't encountered any errors), I can no
longer see the title page, page numbers or headers, and paragraphs
don't indent as they used to, when they did before. Again, I didn't
change any of the code, at least AFAIK. Is this a bug, or just user error? Do I
need to update ConTeXt? If so, how? (if you could, please provide
step-by-step directions, as I'm a beginner to the command-line
interface as well, I'm afraid). I'm running the Jan 2007 version of ConTeXt bundled with
the MacTeX 2007 distribution on Mac OS 10.4.10. I've also provided the sample document
for reference, in case that helps. A prompt response would be highly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

that gives answers, not web links.

[-- Attachment #2: sample.tex --]

* Re: Weird Problem
@ 2007-07-19 14:03 ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2007-07-19 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looks like a typo. A

}

is missing on line 15

Johan

2007/7/19, Alex K <pickle.frog@yahoo.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a complete newbie to ConTeXt (aka recent convert from a GUI world and
> WYSIWYG typesetting), so please forgive my ignorance. :) I'm having some
> problems typesetting a simple practice document that used to compile fine
> before. Recently, after modifying part of the text (not the code, which to
> the best of my knowledge appears correct, since I haven't encountered any
> errors), I can no longer see the title page, page numbers or headers, and
> paragraphs don't indent as they used to, when they did before. Again, I
> didn't change any of the code, at least AFAIK. Is this a bug, or just user
> error? Do I need to update ConTeXt? If so, how? (if you could, please
> provide step-by-step directions, as I'm a beginner to the command-line
> interface as well, I'm afraid). I'm running the Jan 2007 version of ConTeXt
> bundled with the MacTeX 2007 distribution on Mac OS 10.4.10. I've also
> provided the sample document for reference, in case that helps. A prompt
> response would be highly appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Johan Sandblom, MD PhD
  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell

* Re: Weird Problem
@ 2007-07-19 14:15   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-07-19 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/7/19, Johan Sandblom <jsandblom@gmail.com>:
> Looks like a typo. A
>
> }
>
> is missing on line 15
>
> Johan

he should better remove the first { on line 15

A few alternatives for his \midaligned commands:

\startstandardmakeup[align=middle]
\startlines
{\tfd Just a test}
{\it an excerpt}
by
Nobody
\stoplines
\stopstandardmakeup

\startstandardmakeup[align=middle]
{\tfd Just a test}\par
{\it an excerpt}\par
by\par
Nobody
\stopstandardmakeup

Wolfgang

* Re: Weird Problem
@ 2007-07-19 19:04 Alex K
From: Alex K @ 2007-07-19 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the suggestions! Makes a lot more sense that way.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/