* Column enumerations start at zero
@ 2007-08-17  9:10 M.guravage
From: M.guravage @ 2007-08-17  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I recently observed that column enumerations start at zero instead of at
one. Has anyone else seen this? Here's a minimal example:

% interface=en output=pdftex
\starttext
  \startitemize[n, columns, three]
    \item  foo \item bar \item  hat
  \stopitemize
\stoptext

Is there a way to the initial counter value explicitly? So far my attempts
with the setupitemize options have failed.

Cheers,

Michael

PS: This is on Windows running the  minimal ConTeXt distribution ver:
2007.07.03 19:38 MKII.

* Re: Column enumerations start at zero
@ 2007-08-17  9:17 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-08-17  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/8/17, M.guravage <m.guravage@pragma-cts.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I recently observed that column enumerations start at zero instead of at
> one. Has anyone else seen this? Here's a minimal example:
>
> % interface=en output=pdftex
> \starttext
>   \startitemize[n, columns, three]
>     \item  foo \item bar \item  hat
>   \stopitemize
> \stoptext
>
> Is there a way to the initial counter value explicitly? So far my attempts
> with the setupitemize options have failed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
>
> PS: This is on Windows running the  minimal ConTeXt distribution ver:
> 2007.07.03 19:38 MKII.

Update, this is already fixed.

Wolfgang

* Re: Column enumerations start at zero
@ 2007-08-23  3:22   ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2007-08-23  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I recently observed that column enumerations start at zero instead of at
> > one. Has anyone else seen this?

> Update, this is already fixed.

I'm not sure.  I can reproduce the problem with this test file:

  \starttext
  \startitemize[n]
  \item a
  \stopitemize
  \stoptext

I put it in e.tex and did (via AUCTeX) "texexec --once e.tex" and the
e.pdf numbers the items from 0 rather than from 1.  Without the
--once, it works fine.

This output is with the new Debian ConTeXt packages, which have
  ConTeXt  ver: 2007.08.09 13:04 MKII  fmt: 2007.8.16

-Sanjoy

'Intellectual property is intellectual theft.'

* Re: Column enumerations start at zero
@ 2007-08-23  3:33     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-08-23  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

>>> I recently observed that column enumerations start at zero instead of at
>>> one. Has anyone else seen this?
>
>> Update, this is already fixed.
>
> I'm not sure.  I can reproduce the problem with this test file:
>
>  \starttext
>  \startitemize[n]
>  \item a
>  \stopitemize
>  \stoptext
>
> I put it in e.tex and did (via AUCTeX) "texexec --once e.tex" and the
> e.pdf numbers the items from 0 rather than from 1.  Without the
> --once, it works fine.

This is because the way itemize works has changed. It stores the
number of items in the tui file. The reason for this change is the new
'reverse' key.

I think that the --once key does not read data from the temp files.
Probably better will be something like --runs=1 (untested).

Aditya

* Re: Column enumerations start at zero
@ 2007-08-23  3:41       ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2007-08-23  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya,

Thanks for the explanation.

> I think that the --once key does not read data from the temp files.
> Probably better will be something like --runs=1 (untested).

Same problem when using --runs=1, but probably the reason is the same
as for --once not working.

@ 2007-08-23  5:43         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-08-23  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

2007/8/23, Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy@mrao.cam.ac.uk>:
> Aditya,
>
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> > I think that the --once key does not read data from the temp files.
> > Probably better will be something like --runs=1 (untested).
>
> Same problem when using --runs=1, but probably the reason is the same
> as for --once not working.

Hi Sanjoy,

as Aditya mentioned the counter for itemize is now saved in the tui file
and the correct value is read from the tuo file in the second.

The --once or --runs=1 option for texexec did not generate a tuo file and
the correct start value for itemize will be zero, but Hans corrected this in
one of the last releases and itemize did now start with 1 even with
the --once option.

Wolfgang