2007/11/7, Hans Hagen : > > Duncan Hothersall wrote: > > Hans said: > >> \definefontsize[e] > >> > >> \setupfontenvironment > >> [default] > >> [e=4] > >> > > Ah, thanks. Using \setupbodyfontenvironment as the second command did > > the trick. > > > > I guess there is no easy way of directly calling a specific font at a > > specific size? No worry, this sort of solution will allow me to do what > > I need for now. Thanks Hans. > > chinese in mkii is kind of special, i.e. all kind of mappings to ranges > of fonts; in mkiv chines is easier (i still have to finish some spacing > issues) How about a little appetizer from mkiv. \definefontfeature[chinese][analyze=yes,language=dflt,mode=node,script=hani] \starttypescript[sans][arial] \definefontsynonym[Sans][Arial][features=chinese] \stoptypescript \starttypescript[sans][arial] \definefontsynonym[Arial][file:ARIALUNI][features=default] \stoptypescript \definetypeface[arial][ss][sans][arial][default] \setupbodyfont[arial,ss] % alternative to the typescript solution %\definefont[Normal][ARIALUNI*chinese at 12pt][line=16pt] \starttext write your chinese text here \stoptext There will be no longer any big difference in defining fonts for latin or any other language. A few things are to achive than with the current code from the chinese module like opening and closing braces in vertical mode. Wolfgang